Event Rental Contract Policy
Rules and Regulations apply to all three (3) of our rental listings; Conference Room, Chamber Hall, and Terry L. Coleman Center.
Only the rental deposit is required to reserve the rental on your desired event date.
The total rental amount is to be paid in FULL no later than 30 days prior to your event date or your event will be canceled and deposit forfeited.
Payments must be cash, check (checks must be made out to the DCEDA), or money order.
*You can call our office to set up a promise to pay if needed.
The following rules must be completed for your refund to be issued back after your event.
- Everything (Including extra tables and chairs) must be put back exactly as it was found. Do not put the tables and chairs up that were out before your event – ONLY the extra tables and chairs that you brought out.
- Trash, including restroom trash, must be taken out to the dumpster and new trash can liners must be put in. The dumpster is located behind the Terry L. Coleman Center.
- No visible mess should be left anywhere, including the carpet.
- The thermostat must be set to 80 degrees or turned OFF after your event.
*If any or all of these tasks are not completed, part or all of the deposit will be retained to pay staff to finish in place of the lessee.
Deposit Refund Time Frame
Update on Rental Deposit Refunds! Due to the delay in USPS deliveries, Rental Deposit Refunds may take up to 2 weeks to be delivered. This is not in the DCEDA or Chamber's control. Thank you for your understanding.
- If there are no issues after your event, your refund will be sent through the post office (USPS) to the address on your contract.
- Refunds cannot be picked up at our office and we cannot issue your refund in cash.
- Refunds take approximately 7-14 business days through the USPS.
- Permission to serve alcoholic beverages must be obtained in advance from the Property Manager – George Smith
- Events serving alcoholic beverages will be required a $300 refundable deposit in ADDITION to the venue deposit.
- Any event where alcoholic beverages are served must have one hired police office per 100 people at the rate of $25/hr per office, to be paid by the lessee.
- DCEDA authority will coordinate the hiring of the required officers at the lessees’ expense.
- Total payment for alcohol and hired officer(s) must be received 30 days prior to your event.
- Alcoholic beverages may be served if all on attendance are 21 years of age or older and in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws.
- No alcoholic beverages may be served in the presence of minors.
- No alcoholic beverages may be SOLD at any time on the premises.
- All events serving alcoholic beverages must be invitations ONLY or private. Events cannot be open to the general public.
- Authority, as well as hired officers, reserve the right to enter events with alcoholic beverages at any given time without prior notice.